Choose 3 of the following 5 assignments.
First option – Two heads with direct or bounce flash
• Fill frame.
• Shoot inside only.
Second option – Fill-flash with direct flash
- Shoot outside only, with sun behind or to the side of the subject. Take meter reading off bright background.
- You will fill shadows with flash.
- Want to see background.
- For manual flash exposure use guide number to calculate f-stop (GN=DxF).
- Dedicated flash or TTL (through the lens).
Third option – Bounce portrait
- Bounce flash off ceiling or wall to light subject. Use TTL or manual mode.
- Within manual mode calculate distance of flash to subject. Open 1/2 to full stop, depending on ceiling brightness.
- Tight portrait or environmental portrait okay.
Fourth option – Group of 10 people
- Focus 1/3 into group (1/3 in foreground; 2/3 in background for max sharpness).
- Using bounce flash is best.
- Shoot from a high angle when possible.
- Compose subject tightly and use good background.Deliverables:
Upload three images.
Fifth option – Open flash, direct and un-synchronized• Use 30 seconds for shutter speed.
• Hand hold flash and make multiple exposures using test button.
• Need dark background, best to shoot outdoors in dark, open space. • Can light large areas. Make sure subject is fully lit by flash.