On the CTL website, you will find various:
BU Hub Website & Online Tools
- The BU Hub website has been restructured and now includes some additional content. We hope these changes improve navigability and access to important information, especially for students and advisors.
- The Faculty & Staff section of the BU Hub website now has anAdvisor Tools & Resources section. All other resources for Hub curriculum development may still be found on the Task Force for General Education website. That site will be retired and all resources and information migrated to the BU Hub website by the end of the summer.
- An updated Course Description Search has launched. It now allows users to search the University course database by BU Hub area or combination of areas.
Cross-College Challenge (XCC)
- The BU Hub Cross-College Challenge (XCC) is piloting its first courses in Fall 2018. Ten faculty from five schools and colleges are co-teaching five classes in which students are now enrolled.
- BU faculty and staff are encouraged to join the Cross-College Challenge, either as project clients or as teaching faculty. Fall project proposals in all categories are being accepted on an ongoing basis at bu.edu/xcc, with an early deadline of July 1. Faculty planning meetings for 2019 are being scheduled this summer/fall. Faculty interested in teaching next year may submit an interest form or e-mail email@example.com.
Hub Courses & Cocurricular Experiences
- 420 courses have now been approved by the University Council General Education Committee (GEC) for inclusion in the BU Hub. Of the approximately 300 courses available to freshmen in Fall 2018, there are over 200 Hub courses that have 13,000 seats available for incoming freshmen.
- We are asking faculty and the schools and colleges now to shift their attention to revising upper-level courses for inclusion in the Hub and to developing new Hub courses. Please note: For AY19-20, the deadline for submitting courses to the GEC is November 15, 2018.
- The GEC continues to refresh and add to its GEC Interpretive Documents to provide additional guidance on Hub learning outcomes and policies. Two new documents have been added: “Courses with 0-Credit Labs” and “The BU Hub Communication Capacity and Courses Taught in Languages Other than English.”
- The first Hub cocurricular learning experiences have been approved by the GEC, which will continue to approve Hub cocurriculars on an ongoing basis. These ungraded, 0-credit experiences will be listed in the course database as HUB CC courses and will be open for registration beginning in June.
- The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) has a full slate of Hub workshops for course revision, course development, cocurricular development, and faculty support through early 2019.
If you have any questions about the BU Hub, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-6535.