This short interview was a class exercise on shooting an interview with multiple cameras while using external audio. When using multiple camera angles there is less of a need for b-roll because there is always a dynamic cut to be made.
President Obama gives speech on raising taxes for top earners to pay for middle income tax break. He spoke at Central High School in Manchester, NH on November 22, 2011. This video was cut with Premiere Pro. I am switching from Final Cut Pro to teach additional editing platform to Boston University journalism students.
- color correct photos
- crop images to 16×9
- export photos as custom name w/sequence
- change image size to 3000pix x 3000pix
- folder of edited photos
- audio transcript for Assignment one, with highlighted soundbites, approximate time frame in margin.
- set up library, event and project
- check button to ‘leave files in place’
- set project as 1080p 24fps
- add soundbites and photos to the timeline
- add lower thirds for title (on first image) and to introduce characters
- add ‘credits’ title at the end
- make adjustments to audio levels
- share movie as ‘master (apple pro res422)’
- use Compressor to compress to h.264 codec for online
- upload compressed movie to Vimeo or YouTube account
- add permissions and copy embed code
- paste code into a blog post, add title to post
- review some audio slideshows